What happened?

Chat about anything here. (No spam!)
Pampattitude

What happened?

Unread post by Pampattitude »

Boo!

I was traversing the previous website to understand when this website became so empty... and I stumbled upon this thread.
... OK, right, it was the first thread shown on the website. But still.
So what happened? Why hasn't this website widened its audience, and why are there so few amateur / independant projects on this website?

Hugs,

mbisme
Site Admin

Re: What happened?

Unread post by mbisme »

Several reasons, first is lack of personal time. I have had some severe health issues for the last 1.5 years that have made it very difficult to do much of anything. As I said in my last post, I will be having surgery next week that should hopefully fix everything after I recover from it.

Next reason, lack of interest. The games that people used to make didn't tip my interest and so I didn't put forth much effort to revive the site.

Now that said, there is something that I have been working on that I have been planning to use this website for. But my idea is still in the testing stages and wouldn't be added for prolly another month or two at the earliest.

CommanderCool

Unread post by CommanderCool »

I would like to start using this site for some productive things again in the near future as well. Since we don't have any content right now, we would not keep an audience for long even if we did manage to temporarily widen it. I very recently started programming on a little time-waster Android game I've had floating around in my mind. Just want to get something created and out there real quick. It's just a pc-prototype right now, but as it develops I'll post a project thread on it. Much like Kurayami, lack of personal time really does end up being what prevents a constant stream of progress on projects in the pipeline. I work 8:00-5:00 Monday through Friday and lately have had occasional odd jobs outside those hours for supplemental income, so time can get sparse during the week. But the burden is on us to post content if we want more content on the site (and the attention that such content brings).

Also, welcome back. I was away when you posted your re-intro thread, but I definitely remember you. Are you working on anything currently?

Blaze

Unread post by Blaze »

Pampattitude wrote:Why hasn't this website widened its audience
Probably because the aim of this site isn't something a lot of people like. Back then mugen AND naruto was arguably at the peak of their popularity. Therefore we had members coming from everywhere. Not to mention the other big name projects going on Naruto vs bleach, etc. To be completely honest, the only way we'd get that many members or get active like that time again is to focus on things that are very popular. Pretty much bandwagon things that are popular or focus on something and PRAY it gets popular. Burke-works had the luck of winning the lottery during the era of mugen. Not to mention, with youtube being a major factor now for releasing/showing off/updating games, projects, and programs, the average person doesn't have a need to join a forum or go look for one.

Kaitsu

Unread post by Kaitsu »

It's no longer a Naruto fansite.
It's no longer a Mugen site.
It's no longer a site that makes video games.

It's dead.

Synnthetic

Unread post by Synnthetic »

Kaitsu wrote:It's no longer a Naruto fansite.
It's no longer a Mugen site.
It's no longer a site that makes video games.

It's dead.
Yeah, Kaitsu nailed it. We don't have anything happening on this site. We need a project. Someone else was going to get one rolling on here, and then they didn't.