Bleach [510]

Discussion about comics/manga go here.
CommanderCool

Bleach [510]

Unread post by CommanderCool »

Anybody else been painfully paying attention to Bleach solely for the completion rate? Last chapter really drove home the feeling of "UGH just end." That flashback at the beginning was just a huge "what the hell" too. Like last minute he decided to extend the series longer but then realized he forgot to foreshadow a possibility toward how to do so, so he did his signature asspull. The only allusion is that he was the twin of one of the guys Kenpachi killed.

So with that, now onto a new segment I like to call Plothole of the Week:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
How did Royd completely demolish Kenpachi when Kenpachi alone managed to take out three top Quincies? Also how original of Kubo to basically just rehash and water down Aizen's ability for use with the Royd.
Also, have almost all the Quincies died now? The ones who invaded Soul Society at least. I think there were thirteen at invasion on chapters 494 and 495 (not counting Juha and his right hand man). Kenpachi killed three, Yamamoto killed four. Any other deaths I'm forgetting? Actually Kenpachi may have killed three that weren't initially revealed. So I guess there could be more out there that we just have not been shown. Shinji is seen beat up but still alive. Contrasted with an earlier seen of him rushing somewhere in completely fine condition, I bet he won a fight off-screen. I wonder where Shinji is going though.

Thoughts on Bleach?

Synnthetic

Re: Bleach [510]

Unread post by Synnthetic »

When I first started reading this weeks chapter, I thought I missed something, because it made ZERO SENSE. I was sitting here thinking, "I must have forgotten to read last weeks chapter..." But I did read last weeks chapter. This chapter was just fuckin' terrible. Worst plot twist ever, and just for the sake of stretching the series out further.

And now you can bet on another one of Kubo's signature moves, where the big baddy is beating up everyone else, including someone way out of Ichigo's league, but sure enough, Ichigo is going to whip out a new super power and put him down. e ______ e Like Yamamoto should have done, since he's basically GOD.

I honestly didn't even keep track of the Quincies. This whole arc has just been so annoying and painful to read. The only Quincy I liked was the one with the mask that invoked fear on people. That was pretty cool, admittedly. But again, this all feels like the Arrancar arc, just with a different look.

CommanderCool

Re: Bleach [510]

Unread post by CommanderCool »

I agree completely, the beginning of this chapter made NO sense whatsoever. I actually thought I had clicked the wrong manga on a stream site because it didn't feel like Bleach whatsoever. And there was absolutely no continuity from the previous chapter.

Also, I reread the chapter and realized something I had missed. On my first read, I thought Juha was saying that he came to meet with Aizen. But upon rereading, he was absent because HE WAS MEETING WITH AIZEN. The two strongest bad guys we have seen in the series who also happen to be the two main bosses. Doesn't their meeting seem like something we should see in a flashback of some sort? Instead we just get that one panel of Aizen imprisoned from some hundreds of chapters ago.

There is one redeeming quality to this arc when you make the comparison to the Arrancar arc, and that is the fact that we do not have to sit through a chapter of backstory every time an enemy dies. Enemies just die. And that is nice. I normally didn't mind that in the Arrancar arc, but if that part of the formula stayed over into this arc then I would stop reading cause I do not care about any of the enemy characters enough to know their stories. I do want to know where Ishida is right now though.

We will probably get something on the Zero Division and the King in the near future. Especially if Yamamoto does die or end up too wounded to matter anymore. I wonder when Vaizard powers will be remembered too.