Burke-Works STILL ALIVE?!!!

Introduce yourself here! Or let us know about your sad departure :[
train

Re: Burke-Works STILL ALIVE?!!!

Unread post by train » 19 Mar 2012, 13:06

I actually find this somewhat insulting to my roleplaying skills. :/

I always remember roleplaying with Des and ABH (mainly because we talked out of the roleplays, so I remember them more) and they were great. Some people would join who had no drive or skills, but they weren't really notable or memorable as far as I'm concerned...

--Someone make a roleplay that doesn't require knowledge of a game or movie or book, etc. in order to write a successful detailed post.--
[align=right]aka Serimalia[/align]

Synnthetic

Unread post by Synnthetic » 19 Mar 2012, 13:53

Sorry Train, don't think I lumped you in with the others. You improved quite a bit from what I saw on .Hack//.

ShinobiRoronoa!?

Unread post by ShinobiRoronoa!? » 19 Mar 2012, 20:33

Synnthetic wrote:Sorry Train, don't think I lumped you in with the others. You improved quite a bit from what I saw on .Hack//.
Idk if I ever RPed with Seri, I can't really remember too well but regardless you're not lumped in with who we're talking about.

And about Rawb; this can't really be an argument since the only thing I called him out on was his lack of quality in the way he RPs, which is complete truth.
Kaitsu wrote:
In all honesty. Only you are starting anything. Rob, in every post heavily implied he was just reminiscing on the lulz and fun times. You kept going on about the RP that he obviously does not give two shits about. Hence, baiting Rob to post more and more about it. Thus making you think you're actually winning this argument, but instead, all you're doing is talking shit on him and getting him pretty pissed about you not dropping it, because for some odd reason, you actually give a fuck to keep going on about it.

:I
First off, this did not become an argument until I posted about how I would never rp again due to the inability of the people who posted 3-sentence posts, skipped over the usually very loose ruleset of RPing, and people who were just plain stupid or couldn't take the time to come up with serious original material and decided "HAY U GUYZ IM GUNNA BE SASKE!!!", and he decided to reply with "Well you guys godmoded", which is untrue. So in the course of defending that; I felt obliged to let him know that in any rp that he and I were in, he actually didn't follow those rules, and there was no god-moding to the extent that it didn't fit in the RP.

Second, I'm not antagonizing the guy to get a rise out of him. In fact, FORUM-wise, Rawb was always one of my favorites because he was a pretty funny guy and stuck to the lulz. I haven't said "Rob's an asshole" or "fuck rob", i said he wasn't a good RP'er 6 FUCKING YEARS AGO. Why is this becoming such an issue??
Rob said Sin godmoded on every RP: I defended him because he is a DAMN good RP'er.
Rob said Sin had no room to call him out, because Sin had failed invisionfree sites, which is a complete-non-issue and had more-or-less nothing to do with the root of the subject we were discussing.
The reason I didn't drop it, is because he's wrong, and ill-informed.
And about Crimemob, it seemed to me that Rob was using his ability and his participating in Crime's RPs as a defense. And it's not.
But I appreciate the nice words Kaitsu.

Zicod

Unread post by Zicod » 20 Mar 2012, 00:59

.... sorry I just post ponies whenever appropriate....

Welcome back, this place is far from active though, you most likely wont remember me though.

Synnthetic

Unread post by Synnthetic » 20 Mar 2012, 01:12

Not that anyone is going to take your defense of me seriously, Roro. They're just going to say "Of course you're saying Sin is good, you two are buttbuddies." Which is irrelevant, and only half true.

Rawb

Unread post by Rawb » 20 Mar 2012, 01:33

Synnthetic wrote:If you remember an opponent lacking imagination, it wasn't either of us. You forget who started the RP section. And who modded it. And who ran their own RP sites for years and years, and now writes stories.
Uh, so you wanna tell me what I was saying was irrelevant? Cause from what I see here, Dess brought up running his own RP sites first, trying to validate whatever the hell he needs to. I simply made my observations on it. As well as the story writing thing, ALSO brought up by Dess first.

And I don't see anywhere about me saying he God Modded every RP. I said he was one of the more prevalent God Modders I'd seen. And I do remember writing 3-4 paragraphs EVERY post when I RP'd. But I digress.

ShinobiRoronoa!?

Unread post by ShinobiRoronoa!? » 20 Mar 2012, 01:57

Rawb wrote: And I don't see anywhere about me saying he God Modded every RP. I said he was one of the more prevalent God Modders I'd seen.
Really? Seriously? Dude just stop. Obviously everyone including you knows what I meant.
Rawb wrote: Not my fault if you guys lacked the imagination to follow it D:<
And THAT is where the argument part of it started. You were pissed that Sin and I had called you and others for constant dodging and not sticking to the ruleset, and you got defensive and tried to attack us on not being "imaginative enough to follow your material".
Which is where we naturally defended your attack with many great examples of how our RPing was pretty fucking legitimate; Sin noting his websites like Countdown 50, the last RP site I thoroughly enjoyed DUE TO THE FACT THAT PEOPLE FOLLOWED THE RULES. Countdown 50 was basically made by Sin and later modded/admined by me (i can't remember which) because it was an escape from the boring, unoriginal crap that was starting to flow into our former haven of burke's RP forum.
For you to call his sites a failure is an injustice to the work he put into the sites, much unlike some of the other burke-works offshoots..

Edit: And with that, I'm done man. This is fucking stupid. Sorry it got so outta hand and now this is probobly the biggest thread on the site, sadly enough.

Blaze

Unread post by Blaze » 20 Mar 2012, 02:15

I fathered the gfx scene on here js.(wanting to fit in)

Synnthetic

Unread post by Synnthetic » 20 Mar 2012, 03:58

Wait, we're done with our pissing contest? Shit, I was having fun. No one puts up a good argument anymore. Rob here had fight. Bah, fine, for another time then. Roro, do you enjoy the .Hack// series? Perhaps we could renew my new RP site.

Rawb

Unread post by Rawb » 20 Mar 2012, 04:16

Lmao I'm too tired from work =/

Seriously, fuck home depot lol