Back to the Roots!

Digitally drawn Artwork goes here(tablet/large artwork goes here)
Kamoe

Back to the Roots!

Unread post by Kamoe » 27 May 2012, 22:21

Hey there ppl!

After years of researches and studies I considered it important to come back to Burke Works. This was my start up page as a spriter about 5 years ago :D! So I was kinda homesick.

Some of you (like Kaitsu, MugenMarv or Kairu) might remember me as Kamoe, KUHN or Happy Sharingan :) (or maybe not...)

Anyway, long story short: Let's see how it all started!

I started of as an editor. Something like a copycat who had the ability to mimic the spriting style and with some editing bring up a totaly new one.

This was pretty much my first sprite I ever created :D! Though I got a LOT of negative critique, I continued to practice!

So I continued spriting, trying to get better and find my own style to be recognized with... It was a pretty difficult but hella awesome task! I got better and better timme to time:

I was inspired by spriters like Usubaa and started to learn how to animate and use effects. Some awesome stuff came out while working with ppl from Burke works:

But that's not all, I came across some awesome coders/scripters and was able to release some neat characters like the re-worked JUS Naruto and Sasuke

After some character releases I took a big break to finish school and be able to find the right path for my life, but I never gave up spriting! Trying out new stuff and working with some new ppl brought me to a new level:

But that was not enough...I felt that there is still a style that will fit me he most. That one where I will say "HELL YEAH THAT'S THE ONE!" and I found it!

After years of practice I finally found what I've searched so long for :D!

I was working on a small game project. You can find it at Facebook under Urban Seed. Sadly the game is in german only :(... don't ask me why... anyway I made the character and it was the step to the latest spriting style I did!

Pretty dang long post but I'd like to THANK Burke Works Forums for making a good spriter/animator out of me :D!

Sorry for the long post,
<3 Burke Works!

Re: Back to the Roots!

Unread post by 727 » 28 May 2012, 00:42

sorry to say i dont remember you on a personal level but i definitely remember your spriting and character style. hands down one of my fave spriters and im glad i was around to see you from the start even though we never really talked much ^^;

anyway congratz on the game and best of luck to you!
2nd most Recent:

~{} http://stevefox727.deviantart.com/ {}~

CommanderCool

Unread post by CommanderCool » 28 May 2012, 19:36

I completely remember that sprite sheet you made for that first Yondaime. I actually think I still have it stored on my external harddrive with the other sprite stuff from old Burke-Works. Welcome back man. Good to see you again. I like the most recent style.

Kamoe

Unread post by Kamoe » 29 May 2012, 13:52

Thx for the replies :D! Good to know that my I was not that forgotten!

Btw. as soon as I have some free time, I'll work on a Shikamaru sprite sheet (was one of my first sprites made)! New style inc. so here's the Sheet and the GIF :)

The animation is pretty simple and took me about 30 min to get it to this point. I will NOT make any tutorials yet, since I don't have any steps I use...instead I just do random stuff and it works :P! Though I'm glad to anwser some questions (if you have some lol).

Basically what I would like to see again: A LIVELY FULL BURKE-WORKS SPRITING FORUMS WITH LOTS OF NEWCOMMERS AND A COOL COMMUNITY!

Synnthetic

Unread post by Synnthetic » 29 May 2012, 14:53

Looking nice, man. Wonderful shading and body work. Nothing is really out of proportion... I'm trying to find a fault, but I can't, for the life of me.

Medevenx

Unread post by Medevenx » 03 Jun 2012, 10:18

the animation isn't really right and he's pretty off-balanced.

Black Mamba

Unread post by Black Mamba » 05 Oct 2012, 04:06

Man i remember seeing some of these back in the old days, and its always awesome to such great progress in spriters