Wakfu

Discussions about video games, videos, electronics, and etc go here.
Kaitsu

Wakfu

Unread post by Kaitsu » 07 Jan 2012, 11:08

One of the games I'm currently playing by Square Enix. Oddly enough, it sounds like a really underground game, because you've probably never heard of it, but there's actually quite a lot of players. Probably more France than US, but yeah.

Site: http://www.wakfu.com/na/mmorpg
Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wakfu
---
Type of MMORPG: Tactical Strategy, so if you've played Final Fantasy Tactics, this is pretty much it, but with more mechanics.

Big note difference from your usual Tactical RPG's!
Like some RPG's, this game allows you to distribute stat/ability points to your stats/abilities. However, you may want to read what the stat you're boosting actually does.

For example, STRENGTH does not boost your physical strength or attack, it boosts EARTH type elements. And your "regular" attack is normally EARTH by default if I recall. But that's without a weapon. You'll end up most of the time using your skills, which level up as you use them. So be careful on boosting stats, you're probably doing it wrong if you don't read what it actually does.

Economy!
Another big difference from your generic MMORPG. This game is almost or completely player-driven economy. So how do you make money? The only way to make money is to mine, and then mint your minerals to "literally" make money. Don't fret, it's easy to mine, and you might not even need money if you know what you're doing. I found most of my equips. And when people sell their gears, it usually costs 1-2 Kama(the currency). You'll feel rich with just 8 Kama, which is the most I've had. Anyways, so you make your own weapons/armor/etc, and you can sell them. However, producing requires you to learn that profession. Which you have to find the NPC that teaches it to give you a book to study so they can quiz you, then you're done. SOOOOO, talk to the big owl at the end that gives you the passport to learn mining.

Just found something out... Be careful on voting for your governor for your nation...you can raise taxes and make it hard for you to sell anything, thus inflation happens. It used to be 0 tax where my nation is, but now it's 50%, so I have to increase my prices to 2 Kama to make a single Kama. All politicians are players. So my current governor is a player. WHELP! This game is cool.

Any questions, I'll try to answer.

I'm in the North American server.
Characters: Kaitsu(Lv. 1) Lustiak(Lv. 12)

Synnthetic

Re: Wakfu

Unread post by Synnthetic » 07 Jan 2012, 14:38

Interesting... Square Enix never fails. I'll try it out. Look for Vetis Aysel.

EDIT: Level five now. I'm a Sacrier, majoring in Wind techniques. Fighting two of those huge beetles at once as hard as hell. Wind doesn't do much damage, but it's fun.

Blaze

Unread post by Blaze » 07 Jan 2012, 19:02

I keep getting emails about this cause they tried to get me to play the beta .-.

train

Unread post by train » 07 Jan 2012, 20:54

IT'S AVAILABLE FOR MAC! HAHA downloading now >D My copious amounts of homework can wait >D
[align=right]aka Serimalia[/align]

Kaitsu

Unread post by Kaitsu » 08 Jan 2012, 00:21

Yep yep. I was surprised that it was available on all 3 OS.

train

Unread post by train » 08 Jan 2012, 00:55

Okay, so my username is clockworc and I have 3 characters:

Crow (Sacrier Lvl 1), Crown (Sadida Lvl 5) and Crane (Xelor Lvl 1)

I only had time to play a bit with Crown... I'm going to play a bit more before I start/finish my novel passage analysis though... (TOO MUCH PROCRASTINATION I AM SCREWED BUT OH WELL)
[align=right]aka Serimalia[/align]

Rawb

Unread post by Rawb » 09 Jan 2012, 20:38

Being an Archer in any game will never be as epic as Ragnarok Online :/ But, eh. I'm content with what I'm workin with lol

Rawb

Unread post by Rawb » 09 Jan 2012, 20:38

Being an Archer in any game will never be as epic as Ragnarok Online :/ But, eh. I'm content with what I'm workin with lol

Kaitsu

Unread post by Kaitsu » 09 Jan 2012, 22:11

Considering RO is broken to all levels with their attack speed D;
No game will ever top RO on its ridiculousness.

LotionTrain

Unread post by LotionTrain » 10 Jan 2012, 01:33

Oh man, looks like I got a new game to play instead of studying for my AP tests! My username is LotionTrain by the way