Homestuck

Discussions about video games, videos, electronics, and etc go here.
train

Homestuck

Unread post by train » 15 Apr 2012, 02:06

I didn't really consider it a manga... so it's going in this section.

But seriously, I hope that you all have heard of Homestuck. It's hugely popular and the fans are extremely annoying, BUT it is AMAZING!

I had always been annoyed by the cosplayers and such, but once I actually gave it a chance, I was amazed!

If you have tried to read it and given up, don't be discouraged, Act 1 is slow and boring, but it gets insane, confusing amazing and suspenseful right after you finish Act 1. My friend describes it as a free, amazing story is great art, plot, twists and mind-f*cks, but the only cost that you have to pay is Act 1.

I really encourage you guys to read it and if you have already, discuss :D

I've almost caught up and it is BLOWING MY MIND! But it IS very very long.

READ IT!!!!!
[align=right]aka Serimalia[/align]

Synnthetic

Re: Homestuck

Unread post by Synnthetic » 16 Apr 2012, 01:05

I saw the art and tried playing one of the games but gave up because I didn't understand. I saw some AMV's [art music videos, not anime] online, and looks great. Hook me up, broski.

train

Unread post by train » 16 Apr 2012, 02:07

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6

If you have the time, it's a great read. :D The art gets significant;y better as well as the animations, but you've got to get through act 1. Everything that is confusing makes sense eventually and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. (It gets really good when the trolls are introduced!)

Synnthetic

Unread post by Synnthetic » 16 Apr 2012, 03:37

This is absolutely horrid. I might skip ahead. Where the fuck is the dude with the horns and the cancer sign on his shirt?

train

Unread post by train » 16 Apr 2012, 04:59

Karkat comes in in Act 5... You really need to read the beginning to understand everything!!

Though Karkat IS amazing... Along with all the other trolls... Seriously, Act one is bad, Act 2 is intense and the rest just pulls you in even more!
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER: all the trolls

Here are all of the trolls... (Some of them are drawn bad, sorry about that :/)
In order from left to right top to bottom:

Tavros, Vriska, Eridan, Sollux, Nepeta, Gamzee, Terezi, Aradia, Feferi, Karkat, Equius, Kanaya

Synnthetic

Unread post by Synnthetic » 16 Apr 2012, 13:38

I've really just been mashing next and looking at the pictures. None of this seems important. At all. ; A ; The only part of Homestuck I ever knew were the trolls.

Kaitsu

Unread post by Kaitsu » 16 Apr 2012, 18:00

I never knew anything of it, besides the fact that I have a sudden impulse to dislike it with all my might.

train

Unread post by train » 16 Apr 2012, 22:27

Yes, okay, zoom through Act 1 and if you have any questions, ask me. It gets better... ALSO DON'T TAKE THE HUMANS FOR GRANTED.

Dave is hilarious, John is awkward, Jade gets way better later on and Rose is bitchin... seriously, don't ignore them.

Last year at a convention there were so many cosplayers and they pissed me off to no end. I hated it so much.... but now.. I'm cosplaying a character this year... and I've become a fan... so hate it now, but love it later.