Online competition!

Discussions about video games, videos, electronics, and etc go here.

Online competition!

Unread postby Synnthetic » 04 Oct 2015, 23:16

Anyone here play Dark Souls II on PC, Bloodborne, or Pokemon ORAS?

Re: Online competition!

Unread postby CommanderCool » 11 Oct 2015, 01:25

I was playing DSII when it came out, but found it disappointing compared to the original DS. The gameplay felt a lot messier and PvP was a wreck. Also, my god-tier build (rapier conjurer) from DSI got nerfed into obscurity. Psyched for DSIII though. When the new Persona game comes out, I'll probably grab a PS4 and get Bloodborne too.

I picked up Alpha Sapphire a couple months ago and really like it. I forgot how much depth there was to the Gen III games. I had kind of forgotten Gen III altogether, so it was like discovering a new Pokemon world in addition to the 3D. Got the Majora's Mask remake at the same time and it has become one of my favorite games. Still disturbing and absolutely terrifying just like it was back in the N64 days.

Used the "Quick Reply" button to reply to this. Figure that makes up for the 6-day response.

Unread postby Synnthetic » 11 Oct 2015, 01:28

DS2 is certainly not as good, no, but it was still alright and the Scholar remake has it a lot more interesting, and enemies make sense now.

You have Sapphire, so wanna battle sometime?

Unread postby CommanderCool » 11 Oct 2015, 01:49

Yeah I'll have to give DS2 another shot sometime. I did have extremely high expectations for it after the original, probably moreso than any other game prior to it, so I'm sure that played a part in my disliking. I put a couple hundred hours into the original too, so the actual storyline of DS2 blew by very quickly for me.

Yeah sure, I'd be down. I think last time I played I was like six badges in, so I' gotta beat it and a legitimate team together, but I have a lot of time on my hands lately so I'll probably end up doing that this week (barring MGSV time sinks).

[Reveal] Spoiler: My friend code is:
0190-0876-0228

Unread postby Synnthetic » 11 Oct 2015, 01:55

Cool, I'll add you tonight or tomorrow. My 3DS is dead right now and I'm exhausted so more likely tomorrow. Lemme know when you're up for a battle. I'm no competitive player, I just pick Pokemon I like, so don't expect any crazy combos or EV trained Pokemon.

Unread postby CommanderCool » 11 Oct 2015, 02:09

Oh nice, that's good cause I'm the same way. I only ever catch a handful of Pokemon I really like then just train them and ignore the entire "catch 'em all" aspect or the competitive EV training component. Did those in first and second gen, now I just cruise control my Pokemon.

Wow I was totally wrong, I'm 3 badges in with a team of level 30s. I'll be playing it a bunch tomorrow though.

Unread postby Synnthetic » 11 Oct 2015, 02:11

Kick some ass, mate. It's an amazing game.

Unread postby Synnthetic » 13 Oct 2015, 00:50

Btw, mine is 3840 6756 8088

Return to Multimedia