Final Mugen Project

This forum is the projects in the planning stage, where there has not actually been any work done yet.

Final Mugen Project

Unread postby Christopher12367 » 14 Dec 2013, 20:04

I want a come back from not playing/making mugen games soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Right now I'm working on the characters when I get at least 5-10 chars done I'll bring out a demo(only for this website) to tell me what you think. The whole idea of final mugen is there is no end to it(unless i add every single anime char in it O.o) Every character is going to have there own battles from there own story. I might switch it up or something later on. Pretty much i have to make over 170+ characters. All characters will have there own style in fighting. ehhhh yea that's all i think lol

Final Ichigo:
just showing off mugetsu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aseDrH_D0z8

Re: Final Mugen Project

Unread postby CommanderCool » 16 Dec 2013, 03:58

Man that's cool. By the Mugestu preview, it looks like you're putting a lot of work into this. I like the customizations off of the JUS Ichigo sprites and the whole scene of the special looks well done. That sounds like an ambitious project overall. I look forward to seeing previews and stuff as you progress with it. Are you planning to do an initial release then supplement it with a few characters every once and awhile until you've met your quantity goal, or to release a demo then work on it for awhile and release the whole package of characters at once? Either way, all the best with it.

Here are some constructive thoughts on the preview that could help out. One of the first things I noticed that felt off in the preview was that the timer still goes down even though it is a special. But the special is a one-hit KO so I guess the timer does not really matter. Unless Mugen still initiates a Time Over during a soft pause. I don't remember whether or not it does since it has been awhile since I've coded in Mugen. I remember I stayed away from one-hit KOs since they really can't be balanced unless they're made to be extremely difficult to pull off, but if used as a thematic special in a storyline event then one could definitely work. But I would consider shortening the time the special takes if it can be used whenever, as it'd be rather frustrating to sit through an AI using it since you know you're dead but have to wait forty seconds for the death to occur. Also you're probably aware of this one, but it looks like Ichigo's face in the in-fight portrait sprite may either be set to the background color (or corrupted).

It's cool to see a Mugen project pop up here even if this place isn't too lively. Seeing Fighter Factory in there is kind of nostalgic. I'm working on a Golden Axe type of game right now, but it is nowhere near ready to be seen. Keep up the work and keep us posted. It'll be cool to watch your project grow.

Unread postby Christopher12367 » 16 Dec 2013, 05:51

Thank you. The way I'm going to release the game is that. When I reach a certain number like 70+ char I'll make a release on that number and continue on it. I want the game to be long and hard to beat(Not just OP people) I'm making it a little base on the show but ill put my own flow in it. The picture on ichigo was from my old ichigo and I put it on this one and he turn grayish lol About the Mugetsu, my brother was telling me that it is pretty long I guess I got a little too carried away with it. I might(somehow…..) let the person or AI press a button to skip to death IF they die. Mugetsu can't 1 hit kill the bosses I'm going to make for the game. When you use it and if the person is not dead, you lose all your powers and only can fight with hands and feet for the rest of the match. I'm not sure if I want this ichigo to be playable yet. Im not a big fan of moves that 1 hit kill people and let people 1 hitting people each game. I have to find out a rule on using it. I might put it like you can and can't do the move randomly and life have to be in a certain number bla bla bla. He isn't going to be playable but might be a AI boss or something. I'm working on that later on. I want to work on mugen little more just because how fun it is. Thanks for taking your time in reading and watching my video

Unread postby CommanderCool » 17 Dec 2013, 00:22

I don't know if this is helpful but whenever I would balance a move that more or less wins the match for the player, I would always use the following criteria:
1) Can only be used once per match.
2) Cannot be used in the third round.
3) Has to have strict conditions that need to be met for the ability to work.
4) Needs a consequence for the user (i.e. how your character will only be able to punch and kick after use).
5) Should be either dodgable to some percentage, or have varying damage amounts depending on how directly the attack connects with the opponent.
6) Should have a tell so the opponent can see it coming.

Yeah Mugen is a ton of fun. I quite enjoyed it back in its heyday. I still have all the characters I made saved to an external harddrive. The programming logic you learn through it is pretty useful too.

Unread postby Christopher12367 » 17 Dec 2013, 19:43

I already got the you only can use it once thing on. I think I know what I'm do with it. You are sooooooooooooo lucky you still have all yours. All my characters I made got erased -_- but at least I can make everything better now. Thanks for the ideas!

Unread postby Christopher12367 » 23 Feb 2015, 20:01

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYVZKxG3yB0

Almost down with vegeta. Gotta fix and add a couple stuff. Making a boss version of him as well.

Return to Upcoming Projects